- Following my heart even when it’s difficult given societal pressure by colleagues, friends or family.
- Being courageous.
- Taking the higher road and often times, the harder path.
- Traveling alone and allowing myself moments of bliss surrounded by the world’s beauty because I’m worth it.
- Cooking myself gourmet meals, even if I’m setting the table for one.
- Dancing without regard for anyone else’s perceptions.
- Playing more music.
- Making more art.
- Reading more.
- Drinking more tea.
- Living in the moment.
- Not defining myself by anything for anyone.
- Owning my own acceptance.
- Dedicating myself to a regular yoga practice because I love my body.
- Giving back to others.
- Remembering that this world is absolutely beautiful and so am I.
I am going to date myself and fall in love with myself. That’s right. I am going to love the hell out of every tiny little freckle on my face. I am going to adore the callouses on my feet from too much time spent walking and wandering. I am going to laugh joyfully at all of my supposed mistakes in the wake of them and accept without judgement. I am going to be my own best friend, mother, child and lover.
Here are some ideas as to how: